THE RESURRECTION STORY

 Our Lord Jesus' death and resurrection were planned from the start and those who thought they had succeeded in killing Him never knew that they were merely acting according to the scenario written by God Himself., Jesus said in John 10:17-18 “The Father loves me because I sacrifice my life so I may take it back again.No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded.”  Also in Matthew 27:53-54  “Don’t you realize that I could ask my Father for thousands of angels to protect us, and he would send them instantly? But if I did, how would the Scriptures be fulfilled that describe what must happen now?” Jesus could have protected Himself if He wanted but He didn’t because He knew that God will not leave His soul among the dead or allow His holy one to rot in grave (Psalm 16:10) and by His death we have victory ;Colossians 2:14-15 says He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross. Prophet Isaiah prophesied in Old Testament of the scripture before Christ was ever born: “ He had done no wrong and had never deceived anyone. But he was buried like a criminal; he was put in a rich man’s grave (Matthew 27:57-61). But it was the Lord’s good plan to crush him and cause him grief. Yet when his life is made an offering for sin, he will have many descendants. He will enjoy a long life, and the lord’s good plan will prosper in his hands.When he sees all that is accomplished by his anguish,  he will be satisfied. And because of his experience, my righteous servant will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for he will bear all their sins. I will give him the honors of a victorious soldier, because he exposed himself to death. He was counted among the rebels. He bore the sins of many and interceded for rebels”  (Isaiah 53:9-12).In fact, everything about Jesus' death and his blessings for us had been prophesied in Isaiah 53. 

Even Jesus betrayal was prophesied by prophet Zechariah in verses 13 of his book “And the lord said to me, “Throw it to the potter”—this magnificent sum at which they valued me! So I took the thirty coins and threw them to the potter in the Temple of the lord.” Compare this with the event in Matthew 27:5-7 “ Then Judas threw the silver coins down in the Temple and went out and hanged himself.The leading priests picked up the coins. “It wouldn’t be right to put this money in the Temple treasury,” they said, “since it was payment for murder.” After some discussion they finally decided to buy the potter’s field, and they made it into a cemetery for foreigners.

From all these, we can see that it was no coincidence and that this event was planned a long time ago. and Jesus who came as Savior that time will come back as Judge to all who do not accept Him as their Lord and Saviour.  Acts of the Apostles 1:11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why are you standing here staring into heaven? Jesus has been taken from you into heaven, but someday he will return from heaven in the same way you saw him go!” Revelation 22:12 “Look, I am coming soon, bringing my reward with me to repay all people according to their deeds.
Never let his death be in vain for your sake. Accept Christ today if you have not done so. He came to die because of you.
Happy Easter 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE END MAY COME SUDDENLY

ASK

FREE INDEED